Sunday, September 18, 2011

POTTERY BARN inspired pillow




POTTERY BARN PILLOWS

My imitation to the PB pillows.  Yes, I adore that store and everything in it.  I have been eyeing these pillows for quite sometime and unfortunately I just can't see myself paying $29.00 for a pillow case (shoes Ok, pillow, nah so ok).   This all started as a table runner but it was kind of wonky (not straight) when I laid it on the table.  I put it aside cause I didn't want to deal with it.  So today I was flipping through the PB catalogue and the lovely pillows popped up. I realized that I could use my table runner to tackle this project.  They are not as snug as the PB and the buttons are not measured properly I just eyed them.  I am still thrill with the results.  I will make a few more, it kind of adds some character to the room.  I also made one with pipping and the other one in the back with a flange.  Please ignore the big kiddy frame behind the couches!  This is my husbands play(game) room and he just can't seem to part with this frame.  We've had it for 22 yrs.  You would think he would let go ;)

3 comments:

kms handmade said...

I read the other post first and thought, oh what cute pillows on her couch. And here they are! I love things with flaps and buttons. I like that on duvets too. Nice job!

Corinnea said...

Nicely done Lizy!

Jennifer said...

realy cute. I love the buttons and linen. And the cat picture?? Too funny!