Monday, June 28, 2010

BODENSEE & the beginning of a QUILT





BODENSEE
This weekend we went to Bodensee :) I can't believe I have been living here in Stuttgat for 3 years and I didn't know about this magnificent getaway.  We just went there for a few hours but it is definitely worth going there for a weekend getaway. I have to thank Corinnea for the great pictures she had posted on her blog that made me want to ask her all about her trip.

Gio's New Quilt
The fabric is by Moda, Nautica & Nice.  Gio loves the ocean. He loves fishing, sailing, rowing, swimming anything that has to do with the water. I really liked this fabric and I thought he might also enjoy a nautica theme in his room this year.

4 comments:

Corinnea said...

So glad you made it to the Bodensee and had a nice time. It is just that pretty there. Yes?

Beautiful photos!

Gio's quilt is gorgeous!

KD Designs said...

Glad you got to go! It's beautiful!

I like that style of quilt! Do you lay them all out before you start sewing the rows? It's very cool!

Jennifer said...

I love the quilt! I want ot make one. Is it a free pattern?

i love the photos of you two! ivan always look so happy. i need to go to the bodensee also...

lizy said...

No jennifer, this pattern is from one of the quilting books in the store. very simple to make ;)